Right. I know the original (true?) meaning of hack. I was questioning whether
"having" in the subject line should not perhaps be "hacking. "
CharlesSent from a mobile; please excuse the brevity

-------- Original message --------
From: "Jack J. Woehr" <j...@well.com>
Date: 09/28/2015  12:03 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Having the mainframe on YouTube

Charles Mills wrote:

> Hacking?

In the Free Software community, "hacking" means programming for the joy of it.
Not breaking in. That's the media.

When you say "goodbye" to Richard M. Stallman, he responds, "Happy hacking!"

--
Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe