This is the last week that Time Inc employees will be responsible for our zOS and zVM Tampa Data Center. Support and services is being outsourced to IBM and AT&T, and sometime in 2016 our mainframe LPARs will be moved to IBM's zCloud environment. I'm one of the few Data Center employees being retained (for now), but I'm not going to be directly responsible for the zOS environments I've lovingly supported for 20 years after Friday.

I'll still be subscribed to the mailing list, but without being involved in new and interesting "stuff" going forward my ability to contribute might be limited.
--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison