I've got a new job which forces me to think about such things as the topic at
hand. Please bear with me.

I (think) I understand how virtual and real storage, below, above the line and
bar work. In course of analysing a production problem related to paging, I'm
searching the SMF30 haystack for hints on what's going on.

I'm looking at the storage section and am having difficulties to understand
what SMF30HVO and SMF30HVH are telling me. I thought I had understood, but as I
see HVH values to be significantly higher than the HVO values, I'm confused.

I've searched the archives and Google but could not find useful information.

>From the description of the fields in the SMF manual, I would have expected
>HVO to be at least as high as HVH.

Anyone to educate me of point me the some good doc on this?

--
Peter Hunkeler