Ron,

By balanced I mean an even spread across the volumes.

Our DASD farm is built from SAN type storage and cached so I/O performance,
right now, is not a major concern.
It may be down the road, but not now.

In addition, the process using these files has its own caching mechanism in
place so all I am looking for is some tool to help me place the files in a
somewhat, allocation based, balanced order.

C-

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230
chuck.har...@thermofisher.com  | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.