I would suggest that you help your management understand that purchasing a
supported product would be best approach.

There would be no support if someone was able to fix this code to run under
z/OS V1.10 (out of support since Sep 2011).  There might not be many shops left
running z/OS V1.10 at this time to work on this code.

Products like SAR, CA View, or $AVERS ( Software Engineering of America) could
be a good alternative.

Lizette