> What I'm aiming at is to rewrite my CBT distributed UNIX HLASM programs as C
> programs instead.
> Although I don't really know why I should. Just another of my oddities, I
> guess. [...]  I doubt there
> are many z/OS people who like playing on the UNIX command line instead of in
> ISPF.

Count me in! I use emacs in USS (yes, it exists for z/OS - see
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/bpxa1ty1.html), and I find
that it enables me to be much more productive than I am with ISPF. I was fluent
with ISPF back in the 80's, but many years of living in Unixland has perverted
me. :-)

But you're right - we're probably a tiny minority. And I'm mostly working with
data in the Unix file system, not z/OS datasets, which colors my perspective.

As to rewriting HLASM code in C - if you mostly just groveling through control
blocks and using non-authorized services, why not? It'll make the code more
accessible by others, in many cases it's just as efficient, and - it's fun!

-- Jerry Callen
   Rocket Software