I am not sure if you got your issue resolved, but here are some post questions

1) do you do your shutdown manually or with automation?
        a) has your shop documented how to shut-down all tasks manually?
        b) does your shop use a Proc to stop all tasks or a Clist or an
automation tool (OPS/MVS, Tivoli, etc)
2) are you a Parallel sysplex, sysplex or monoplex?
3) Did you do a vary offline to take it out of a plex?
4) On your HMC did you chose the correct load or load/store function?
5) how often do you do the IPLs?

If you are still waiting to IPL
1) What state is your IPL process in?  Do you still have the message on the HMC?
2) did you go to the USERS and TASKS section of the HMC as the message
suggests?  What was there?
3) have you tried to terminate the load and try again?

If you have an urgent issue, calling the vendor is sometimes faster than
waiting on the list.

Lizette