From: David Speake <david.spe...@bcbssc.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IBM Mainframe JOB market
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:38:31 -0600

Last Friday I was told that there is a desperate shortage of IBM
mainframe talent at most all skill levels and specialties. I have
not done my homework, say on Monster.com or otherwise.
Suspect that, if true, it would be a hot topic here. So I scanned
rather quickly through October and November archives. Any
comment on  this rumor. I am 71 years old and the same
source cheered me a bit by noting that a local outfit had very
recently hired an 81 year old COBOL programmer. No info on
his experience nor more importantly his skill level. A Good friend,
also 71, retired and then lost his entire retirement in failed business
venture. Hope the rumor is true. Job security for those of us that
still have them and maybe hope for him and some of the others
less fortunate.

Sorry, got distracted just before sending previous post.