All:

Our STC use several files and I want to verify that the files have the
correct logical record length. The STCs are written LE Cobol.
I would like to know before I open the file if the file that is created or
allocated is correct in record length. For example, if the Logical Record
Length is 121 as defined in the program tries to open a file with a LRECL
300 bytes. Can i do the following ?

1. Call a Assembler subroutine using RDJFCB and determine the lrecl on the
volume for the dataset and allocation ?
2. If the lrecl i want to pass back a RTNCD in R15 and then then have Cobol
fail ....

Regards,
Scott