>1. Why are you using EXTINFO?

Using EXTINFO can avoid having also to use CSVQUERY for an RMODE=SPLIT
module.
The book section quoted could/should be updated to mention that
possibility, since that is why I implemented it.

>>You did not explain why you might "need" 36B0 hex.

>He's loading a table and needs both the address and length in order to
>process it.

In that case the length in doublewords returned by the system in reg 1 can
be used safely, except that the table might have to have its own indicator
of how much of the x'4000' bytes is relevant.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design