OK, it's not a pardon. The execution is still scheduled. But thanks to cost
of the Microfocus environment, it has now been decided that the z will be
kept (greatly reduced in MSU & usage) until 4Q2016 instead of 2Q2016. This
likely means that my boss & I will most likely be kept. The two people in
production control will likely be released (due to "no scheduled batch")
along with the other of my co-workers (going from 3 sysprogs to 2). I
imagine that the programming staff will be set to 1 or 2 (there are only 5
now).

Praise be to the Actuaries! Why? They are the ones who had the clout to say
that they simply could _NOT_ do their jobs properly without something to
replace what they do on the z. That's what Microfocus was supposed to be
for, which turned out to be _more_ expensive that the minimized z/OS
environment.

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown