>>If you understand how UNIX works, this is quite sensible. See how the ISPF
>>interface to USS works.
>>
>Or fails to work.  If under OMVS the user issues
>
>su other
>oedit file
 >
>... the ISPF editor is invoked not under the other user ID, but under the ID
>that issued the OMVS command.

I seem to remember that this has been changed looong time ago. At least for
"su", i.e. switch to uid=0, the ISPF edit will run as uid=0. Again, can't try
myself since I don't have su authority. Also can't try to some other userid,
since I don't have access to any.

Would appreciate if someone with su authority would test as follows
a) logon to TSO
b) TSO OMVS
c) su
d) oedit anynewfile
e) enter some text and save and exit
f) ls -l anynewfile
I'd expect anynewfile to be owned by uid=0.

I also vaguely remember that while in ISPF edit starting ISHELL would run
ISHELL under uid=0

--
Peter Hunkeler