Hello,

I first came across the CATALOG ENQUEUE problem with ADRDSSU DUMP with GENERIC
INCLUDE MASK in 2001.

In general the use of the CSI catalog search interface does provide a shorter
catalog enqueue elapsed time.

The bypass solution we came up with was to provide a 300 line REXX exec to
build an INCLUDE/EXCLUDE FILTER LIST DATASET based on the DUMP INCLUDE/EXCLUDE
mask specifications in one step, and the run the ADRDSSU DUMP in the next step
specifying the FILTERDD() parameter.
As the generated FILTERDD dataset contains explicit dataset names.

The BILDFILT exec is still used in some cases, but the ADRDSSU use of the
Catalog Search Interface has eliminated most noticeable catalog enqueue hangs.

Regards
Bruce