According to my uncertain memory, there was a change in PDS directory code
between zOS 1.12 and zOS 1.13.  This caused PDS directory errors under certain
conditions, resulting in corrupted or lost pointers.  If the affected member
was not referenced, the problem remained hidden.  Unfortunately for me, I
usually found out when I compressed the PDS.  The issue was fixed in 2.1 .
I understood that one fix for 1.13 was to restore the old zOS 1.12 PDS code.
But I never saw a reference to an APAR or other 'official' fix.  Does anyone
remember this who could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Richard Craven