> Haven't there been stories quoted here about government agencies (Social
> Security, DMV, VA) using 20 and 30 year old equipment?

Machines that have run for 20 or 30 years are not as rare as one might
think. There are still a few CDC machines in real service today, for
example - and when did the last Cyber roll off the factory floor?
There is even an early 1960s built CDC minicomputer in the middle of
nowhere running a radar station. My own IBM 4331 ran for nearly 30
years, and it *never* had a service call. However, the owner of the
tiny company that had it tuned it off every weekend to save power, so
not 25/7/365.

--
Will.