I like the SYMLINK idea. I do that myself, "by hand".

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Dammit!  The path to Java changes with any z/OS release and/or
> any Java release.  I need continually to add to my PATH variable
> to keep up.  And there's nothing an ISV can supply in JCL samples
> for SMP/E's SMPJHOME; the example in the SMP/E Reference is
> woefully outdated.
>
> This makes as little sense as if programmers were required to
> code "//SYSLIB  DD  DSN=SYS1.ZOSV2R2.MACLIB".
>
> I'm inclined to submit an RFE for either a utility to find Java or for
> IBM's supplying a usable symbolic  link to a preferred Java.
> Retroactive; I can't wait for everyone to be on z/OS 2.3
>
> Any suggestions on form or rationale for such an RFE?
>
> Thanks,
> gil

Werner Heisenberg is driving down the autobahn. A police officer pulls
him over. The officer says, "Excuse me, sir, do you know how fast you
were going?"
"No," replies Dr. Heisenberg, "but I know where I am."

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing
to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown