One conversion tool in z/OS 2.2 is a facility that takes a PDS.DSN and
allows you to specify PDSE.DSN that is also checked for a module name,
without having to modify all the JCL.  That way you can compile new
programs into PDSE.DSN and be used without having to modify all the
JCL.  Once the PDSE.DSN has all members, you can drop the PDS.DSN and
rename.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Robert A. Rosenberg <hal9...@panix.com> wrote:
> At 10:00 -0700 on 01/25/2016, Frank Swarbrick wrote about Re: COBOL v5:
>
>> The one reason I know of what a PDSE is required is because TEST/DEBUG
>> information is now stored in a DWARF NOLOAD segment, and those are only
>> supported by PDSE (or UNIX directory).
>

> So have a compile time switch to put them where-ever that go in a pre-V5
> compile. This seems to be a unneeded forced requirement to go PDSE.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA