On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:59:52 -0800, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>If old-school OBJ modules now support quad-word alignment, why does
>HLASM warn for NOGOFF with SECTALGN(16)?
>
>** ASMA216W Quad-word alignment in NOGOFF object text

Perhaps as an early warning to any programmer suspected of having
aspirations to feed such a NOGOFF object to Linkage Editor?

My SYSEXEC is a concatenation of PDS and UNIX directories.  That's
not supported.  IBM has sternly told me that when I attempted to
report a problem.  Yet I prefer its shortcoming to the alternative of
synching EXECs between PDS and UNIX.

Our site shares PDSEs transplex to test systems.  Not supported.
Yet we prefer the recurrent ENQ lockouts to the chore of synching
content among multiple PDSEs.

Make lemonade.  If I had a buggy whip, I'd complain that I can't use
it to control my Tesla.  If I had a Tesla.

-- gil