On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:36:19 +1100, Paul Gillis wrote:

>We have a standard home grown utility, a little like Eileen's, scanning LPA,
>Dynamic LPA, Nucleus etc. It also scans all ISPF libraries if allocated,
>including SYSPROC and SYSEXEC. Not sure why it was written originally but I
>have used it to find what libraries load modules exist in that were mentioned
>in the Health Checker when the size of Private Storage above and below changes
>significantly. Also comes in handy when users complain that x does not
>function properly and if they run this routine and find x in their own
>libraries then they have to resolve it themselves, otherwise we have to. Our
>customer also uses the code to perform their own basic diagnosis before
>calling for help.
>
>Goes hand in hand with a duplicate member finder that I wrote years ago for
>times when we had to do something similar.

ISPF DDLIST is a sore point to me.  DDLIST MEMBER command fails to find
members of UNIX directories in a mixed concatenation of UNIX directories
and Classic PDS[E]s, even though the UNIX member may occur in a catenand
earlier than the one reported.

Does your tool or Eileen's do better?  IBM calls the DDLIST behavior WAD.

I believe STEPLIB must not be a mixed concatenation (I haven't tried).
Mixed concatenation of SYSEXEC works but is not supported.  Mixed
concatenation of HLASM SYSLIB is fully supported; IBM has repaired
problems I've reported.

-- gil