On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 08:59:31 -0600, Victor Gil wrote:

>If Cobol code is an acceptable option the below program should do what you
>want.

(snip)

>003500     DISPLAY OUTPUT-FILE-RECORD  UPON CONSOLE.

Really? Do people still use DISPLAY ... UPON CONSOLE in 2016?

Even in 1970 there were standards where I worked that didn't allow it except
for very
special cases that really required operator intervention. And we only had three
regions
on our MVT system. Today even a tiny shop typically has dozens of batch jobs
running.

--
Tom Marchant