>>On our four-way sysplex, I just saw values 02 an 07, which puzzles me.
 >
>On all 4 LPARs?

Not sure what you mean. I ran a job twice. The "system identifier" was once 02
and once 07

>Just a WAG, but is the 'system identifier' perhaps the number the LPAR gets
>when it is IPLed? Say LPAR1 is >first one and gets 01, LPAR2 which is then
>IPLed, gets 02 and so on?

No, the four systems run on two CECs. The "LP ID" is not unique across the
sysplex. From the description in The JCL reference, I'm assuming it is meant to
uniquely identify a system in the plex.

>I also think it is something with SMS routines and the ALLOCxx member. I
>searched the MVS Authorized >Assembler Services Refs, but found nothing.

Yep, me too. But as I said, I could not find it described somewhere.

--
Peter Hunkeler