All for the cost of a new Mainframe?
Seriously the issue is absence of debugging tools to find the leak seems like it would be simpler to have them.

Ed

On Feb 22, 2016, at 2:40 AM, Timothy Sipples wrote:

For the record, the memory leak in the specific situation I described was due to a customer's in-house written application code. That's what I wrote originally, but I'd like to repeat that point since there seems to be some
misunderstanding.

I think it's a fantastic story, one of the hallmark aspects of mainframe computing: its greater tolerance for human errors while still delivering perfect service outcomes. It's really the only way to deliver extremely high SLAs. You must anticipate myriad human errors for they are reality.
Aircraft safety engineering shares that same basic principle, to pick
another example.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com