Do you get any other error messages?
What symptoms (other than cannot connect) do you see?

Have you joined the TCPIP List?  If not, that might another place to post this
question.
To join, if you have not done so, use this
TCPIP           To subscribe, send mail to lists...@vm.marist.edu  with the
command (paste it!) in the e-mail message body:
SUBSCRIBE IBMTCP-L
Or this url and go to the bottom of the webpage:
http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?IBMTCP-L

Lizette