We upgraded to z/OS 2.1 on the 13th and all seemed well until this morning when
several jobs were trying to write to a VSAM file and received this message:

IEC070I 034(004)-220,GSFAQ200,GS200060GS200,VTSREG4,4621,PROD33,
IEC070I SPP.ALL.SP013V,SPP.ALL.SP013V.DATA,CATALOG.xxxxx.xxx

The message indicates the file could not extend - but it should have extended
to a new volume.  The DATACLAS for our VSAM files has a Dynamic Volcount of 20.
   When we did a LISTCAT on the data set, it showed a second volume with VOLSER
of * and  VOLFLAG as CANDIDATE.   (and Attribute of Extended)

In order to recover the batch job, the applications group had to rebuild the
VSAM file, so they did, then the sysprogs moved it to a volume with a lot of
free space, and all the jobs ran fine.

We generated a data set listing in ISMF and filtered on MULTIVOL = YES and our
sequential data sets are successfully being extended to other volumes, but all
of the VSAM files on the list only had CANDIDATE volumes after the primary.

We've opened a PMR and searched the database, but we keep thinking we must have
missed a migration step or something because we aren't seeing anyone else
reporting anything like this.   Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg Shirey
Ben E. Keith Company