On 2016-03-03, at 09:26, Barkow, Eileen wrote:

> I am currently converting some SDSF BATCH routines to SDSF  REXX and I am
> finding that things do not always work the same when
> invoking the clist from ISPF 1.6 and invoking it  from batch with IRXJCL.
> option  1.6 runs under TSO/E and IRXJCL does not.
> so far, I have encountered differences with the ISFOWNER settings, putting
> quotes on datasetnames used for ISFPRTDSNAME,
> and the use of the TSO/E SYSDSN routine is not allowed with IRXJCL.

But do you need it?

I have an EXEC with job ID as its argument which extracts spool files
to a UNIX directory tree, one file per spool data set, and (optionally)
paxes that to a Classic data set.  No need to concatenate the spool
data sets only to separate them later.  One thing readily available
from SDSF Rexx which I (almost) ignore but which would be very useful
to the OP is that RECFM and LRECL for each spool data set are available
and could be used as arguments to TXT2PDF.  In fact, SDSF Rexx will
allocate each spool data set to a different DDNAME and if TXT2PDF
has flexibility in its input DDNAME (as standard utilities have)
those could be used directly as its input.

Runs alike under ISPF and z/OS UNIX; haven't tried IRXJCL, but
I'd be optimistic.

I select FILEDATA={TEXT|BINARY|RECORD} based on DDNAME; I wish there
were a better way.  I'm delighted to note that OEDIT is savvy to
FILEDATA=RECORD.

(Haven't looked).

-- gil