On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:47:58 +0530, Mainframe Mainframe
<mainframe1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Group,
>                  While installing Cobol 5.2, I am getting below issue.
>
>BPXF140E RETURN CODE 00000081, REASON CODE 0594003D.  A LINK FAILED FOR
>LINK NAME /Service/usr/lpp/cobol/../../demo/oosample/Check.j
>
>I did check for all directory path and I don't find any issues with this. I
>checked all available solution but nothing working for me.
>
>Any clue.

- In order to maintain two different versions of Enterprise Cobol
simultaneously, there is a requirement that each version
  has to have its own SIGYROOT filesystem.

- When there is only a single version of Enterprise Cobol, its SIGYROOT gets
mounted at '/usr/lpp/cobol/'.
- What do we do if we have two or more?

- The answer is you define two different mountpoints on top of
'/usr/lpp/cobol/' and mount each Cobol's SIGYROOT at its own
  unique mountpoint.

- Each Cobol will look for the DDDEF for SIGYHFS, which ends with
'.../bin/IBM/', back two directory levels, and will expect
  its own SIGYROOT to have been mounted there, and will expect to see
directories 'demo', 'include', and 'lib' alongside
  directory 'bin'.

- Lookup the internet for a description of a technical problem, using
"igzcjava.x" and BPXF140E as search arguments,
  e.g. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21195928

We were installing Enterprise Cobol V4R2 for z/OS alongside existing Enterprise
Cobol V3R4 for z/OS, and what I did was this:

unmount  filesystem('....V3R4.SIGYROOT')     immediate

mkdir  '/usr/lpp/cobol/EC34'               mode(7,5,5)

mkdir  '/usr/lpp/cobol/EC42'               mode(7,5,5)

mount  FILESYSTEM('....V3R4.SIGYROOT') MOUNTPOINT('/usr/lpp/cobol/EC34')
TYPE(HFS) MODE(RDWR)
mount  FILESYSTEM('....V4R2.SIGYROOT') MOUNTPOINT('/usr/lpp/cobol/EC42')
TYPE(HFS) MODE(RDWR)