From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lindy Mayfield
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 4:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Cannot allocate Steplib?

I just started getting this error, though I cannot remember the last time I
tried to (re)allocate steplib.

IKJ56236I  FILE STEPLIB INVALID, FILENAME RESTRICTED

Something's funny because I'm sure I converted a clist to rexx 20+ years ago to
loop through a listcat, pick out the steplibs, and put mine in front.  And then
when I went somewhere else and lost the scripts had to write another one, only
to find out later someone else had also.

Is it perhaps because my logon proc doesn't have a steplib in it?  Or is there
some parmlib setting that controls this?  I looked through all the error docs
and didn't find anything other than to use a different name.

Thanks for your help. :)
Lindy