Just remember its unsupported unless you pay $$.

Ed

On Mar 19, 2016, at 6:56 PM, John McKown wrote:

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com> wrote:

All:

We are in the process of organizing our source code for our Adapters ( that
what Mgmt is calling them for RACF, ACF2 and Top-Secret ).
We have our source code stored on GIT on Bitbucket.org. I use SourceTree to
'Pull , Push and Commit'.  My issue I am trying to solve is:

1. How to edit on a PC , my laptop
2. Submit to my local z/OS ( I have zOS running at Home )
3. Retrieve the output from the compile or assembly or both and see what
errors exist.

I am on z/OS 1.10 , I would like to use something like 'scp' between my
Windows 10 Laptop and the Linux box running z/OS.

​Since you mention "scp", I _assume_ you have OpenSSH running on z/ OS. If so, then _run_ do NOT walk, to http://dovetail.com/downloads/coz/ index.html, download & install everything! Honest. It has a zero cost license. You can then use the Dataset Pipes to do everything you want. The "fromdsn" and "fromfile" commands on your PC can be used to download​ from a z/ OS dataset (seq or PDS member) or z/OS UNIX file to your PC, via "ssh", doing code
conversion. You can then edit the file on your PC using your favorite
editor. Finally, you can upload the code to z/OS via the "todsn" or
"tofile" to upload, with code conversion, to a z/OS data set or UNIX file
respectively.

You can use "todsn" to submit a job which resides, in ASCII, on your PC to
z/OS doing a command similar to:

todsn -ssh myracfid@myzosip -x 'sysout(x) writer(intrdr) recfm(fb)
lrecl(80)' x <my-job.jcl #jcl is in native code page

there is a command in the packages above called "lsjes" which can tell you
what your job status is via a command similar to:

cozclient -ssh myracfid@myzosip lsjes

You can do something similar to the "question mark" command within the HELD
display of SDSF using a command like:

cozclient -ssh myracfid@myzosip lsjes -d j???? # where j???? is the JES job
number (not job name)

You can fetch the job's output via:

fromdsn -ssh myracfid@myzosip -jes.j???? >job-output.txt # again j???? is
the JES job number

===

I do some _very_ wacky stuff myself using the Dovetailed tools. They are
simply _fantastic_ people. And Kirk Wolfe hangs out around here, too!

I could write C Socket server and pass commands and pass back output and
use ftp to push the actual source code up to z/OS,
then have the command coming from the Socket server execute a command to
compile/assemble.

Is there an easier way ? We dont have RD/z ...

Regards,
Scott
IDMWORKS

 --
A fail-safe circuit will destroy others. -- Klipstein

Maranatha! <><
John McKown