We are having a bit of a problem with a "pop-up" panel in ISPF.

It hasn't been modified for many months, and now today I am getting a report from a user that it is causing the following MSG:

ISPP352 Panel 'aaaaaaaa' error - Invalid window depth value (must be numeric, > 0, less than screen depth).

I have had this user change their TN3270 geometry and it has no effect (from MOD4 to 160 wide by 62 deep).

I am unable to recreate their problem, and I've been working on this application for over a year and haven't seen this before.

I have found a few APARs for it, but their circumvention has been to use other than MOD2 (these are IBM panel issues).

This is ISPF 7.1, z/OS 2.1.

I even had them change their 3270 definition in =0 to be the same as mine, and go to TSO ready and back into ISPF, and it had NO effect.

All of this ISPF application has been tested with a MOD3 (we specifically check for less than that and refuse to initialize the application in that case).

I have tried IBMLINK searches and I just don't find anything.

The window is set to (74,30). So that is 74 wide and 30 lines deep. And SPLIT is not in use, so that does not appear to be the problem.

I'm open to diagnostic suggestions. I just don't have time to do an SR for this, because I'm at the end of this project and am going over to the dark side (z/VM).

Regards,
Steve Thompson