On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:18:37 -0500, Peter Relson wrote:

>>Is SIZE simply ignored by Binder?  Or has it any effect,
>>possibly beneficial or harmful?
>
>Not being hindered by knowledge, I can make a guess:
>
>The binder does pay attention to SIZE. It could not get more storage than
>your region size in any case, so SIZE really could only lessen the amount
>of storage available.

Feels like substance for a clarification RCF.

>Why you'd want to lessen that amount, I have no idea.

SMP/E, for example ATTACHes concurrent Binder tasks.  One might not want
the first one to bogart all storage to exclusion of others.  But SMP/E ought
to make that call and/or the Ref. or UG ought to provide some guidance.

I understand DFSORT is very clever at performing such optimizations.

Thanks for the unhindered opinion,
gil