Frank,

That was magnificent and got me past my problem.

Unfortunately I now get "Unable to Launch JVM -6 ".

Which I believe is JNI_EINVAL which I believe means the JVM isn't running.

I've been googling around and I haven't found how to tell if the JVM is running
on z/OS.  When I installed Rational Developer I made sure that RSED and some
other job was running but clearly I missed the JVM itself?

Can someone point me to the z/OS JVM manual?

Janet