On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Barry Merrill <ba...@mxg.com> wrote:

> Using IBM FTP CS V2R1, the uploaded INFILE's excess space is not RLSE'd.
>

> //FTPUP     EXEC PGM=FTP,PARM='(EXIT=4'
> //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=BLKSIZE=133
> //SYSABEND DD SYSOUT=*
> //SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
> //FTPOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
> //INFILE   DD DSN=MXGLRG.CICS.UNTERSE,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,CATLG),
> //            UNIT=(3390,1),DSNTYPE=LARGE,
> //            DSORG=PS,RECFM=FB,LRECL=1024,BLKSIZE=6144,
> //            SPACE=(CYL,(500,500),RLSE)
> //SYSIN    DD *
> 99.99.99.99
> USERID   PASSWORDPHRASE
> BINARY
> GET CICS2.terse +
>           'MXGLRG.CICS.UNTERSE' (replace
> CLOSE
> QUIT
>

> I found one reference that CLOSE TYPE=T prevents RLSE, but no reference
>
> if FTP uses TYPE=T.

​Dr. Merrill,
I know that I'm not in your league. But it looks to me like what you're
doing is allocating a DSN using JCL, but directing the FTP process to write
to it using dynamic allocation. So you never really open the DD INFILE or
do a CLOSE on it. IIRC, RLSE is done by the CLOSE operation. Shouldn't your
GET look more like:

GET CICS2.terse +
    //DD:INFILE​ (replace

ref:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_1.13.0/com.ibm.zos.r13.halu001/dd_name_support.htm%23dd_name_support?lang=en

--
How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One to hold the
giraffe and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored power tools.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown