Vernooij, CP (ITOPT1) - KLM wrote:

>I was actually referring to Columbus, sailing to the west in order to find a
>shorter way to the Indies, in spite of the 'rule' that he would reach the end
>of earth and fall off.

Reminds me of that little tongue-in-cheek club 'Flat Earth' ran by us young
guys in school and student dorms.

Boosted by lots of booze, we have listed reasons [1] why the earth was really
really flat, pancake flat, not round. Posters with those 'reasons' were placed,
but teared off by concerned adults thinking a weird cult has been brewing
somewhere...  ;-)

Of course I later read some of those Terry Pratchet parodies, something about a
world sitting on giant elephants, all supported by a turtle.

;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

[1] - I wish I kept those funny 'reasons' for archival retrieval later, but I
remember that we were really worried about the beer vats which will reach the
end and then fall off without being emptied out by us... LOL