From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Nims,Alva John (Al)
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Respack Volume Size Challenge

Wow,  I guess I have that to look forward to when going to 2.2.  My current
z/OS 1.13 SCUNTBL is only 64 CYL, ouch, one more nail for me to use to convince
my storage guy to give me a few Mod 27's.

I do have a question and YES IT IS A DUMB ONE, I freely admit it, the more I
get back into z/OS, the more I do not know anymore, but I thought I had heard
of a way, could be my mind playing tricks, it does that a lot, but I thought
that there is a way to convert a Mod 9 to a Mod 27 in-place?  Could be a
hardware option or at a z/OS level, or both, maybe?

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
UFIT
University of Florida