>How does a 64-bit caller indicate the end of a variable parameter list? I've
done some Googling; the closest I've come to a real answer is

> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ie
aa700/iea3a7_Description2.htm

> which says "When using an 8-bytes-per-entry parameter list, VL is not
valid."

  From "z/OS MVS Assembler Services Guide", chapter "Linkage Convention":

"For an AMODE 64 program, that convention is not used. Instead, a separate
parameter would be provided if the target program needs to be able to determine
how many parameters were passed. That separate parameter could be within the
parameter list (for example, the first parameter list slot) or could be in
register 0."

So, no, you don't miss anything.

--
Peter Hunkeler