On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:01:17 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>I'm applying z/OS 2.1 RSU1603 and came across this PTF.   Is anyone running
>with
>it in production and has it caused you any grief?   This seems to change a
>behavior
>that has been around "forever", so it concerns me a bit even though there
>is a work around by defining a special RACF profile in the Facility class.

>     Now, with this PTF, the RACF authority check is performed using
>     the ALIAS, PATH, or ALTERNATEINDEX name.

WTF!?  Does this mean that I will be able to DEFINE an ALIAS in a profile
in which I have access, to a dataset to which I have less authority, thereby
escalating my authority?  Will DEFINE ALIAS verify and enforce that I
am not so escalating my authority to the RELATED data set?  If an administrator
subsequently revokes my authority to the RELATED data set, will my authority
to the ALIAS be correspondingly adjusted?

???

-- gil