> >> Well, the obvious solution is to code the eyecatcher literals before
> >> the entry point.  It will be less obvious that the eyecatcher is part
> >> of the program (and not the end of the previous program) but as the
> >> technique become more widespread it should become more trusted.
> >>

> > ​IBM has a ton of recoding to do. I've seen this type of thing in a
_lot_
> > of IBM routines.​
> >

> Indeed! Including SVC routines which show up in our profiling!

  How is the sampling done for your profiling?  Keep in mind that
sampling which is software-based and driven by external interrupts
will charge the time spent in the SVC interrupt handler to the
beginning of the SVC routine, since the SVC interrupt handler is
disabled for external interrupts.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY