> Silly me (perhaps): It seems if I change to my IBM-MAIN mail folder from my
> Inbox all the newsgroup conversations show up.
 >
> What threw me was this stuff doesn't show up if I stick in my Inbox. Hmmm.
 >
> Sent from my iPad

Not sure I understand the problem you want to solve, but I saw you wrote the
last post on your iPAd. So, I just share what I'm doing.

First, I change all my subscriptions from my employer based mail address to a
free account, GMX in my case. This let's me work with the lists from any number
computers via IMAP client, and, if need be, also from a browser using GMX web
mail.

I have configured rules to move mails into separate folders by list on that
account (via web interface).

I installed (bought) a nicely usable mail client on my iPad (AltaMail). It has
nice features such as grouping by thread, reading a thread from oldest to
newest post (still has some minor bug, but I have my workarounds).

I mostly read and post using AltaMail. Works good, not perfect, but good.

I also have my private account configured in AltaMail, this time accessing the
mail server via POP, leaving the messages on the server. Thunderbird on my PC
is the one that gets the mail from there via POP and DELETE.

Apple's mail client is only configured to be able to send out, because I
consider this app less than basic in functionality.

--
Peter Hunkeler