Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it out as a test and it worked.  The only
drawback is that I will have to include the output of the job after the
//SYSUT1 DD *

As a test I tried inserting the dsn as in the SYSUT1 DD * however it did not
work. I got the folowing :

 DATA SET UTILITY - GENERATE
IEB311I CONFLICTING DCB PARAMETERS

Here is the jcl I used:

/*
//STEP  EXEC  PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSUT2 DD DSN=SYS2.CNTL.SHR(XF),DISP=(MOD,CATLG),
//  UNIT=SYSALLDA,SPACE=(500,(500,,5))
//SYSUT1 DD DSN=SYS2.XF,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT  DD  SYSOUT=(,)
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*