> Is it possible that the process being monitored is running disabled or
holding a lock before the POST? When it releases the lock or similar,
MA-Tune will pop out of its wait state and report the first instruction it
sees, which could be the POST.

I doubt. This is a plain normal COBOL application processing DB2 data. The
apppication is not running disable, and I don't think that any of the DB2 code
involved in EXEC SQL is running disabled, but I do not really know.

I never thought how this works in detail, but this how I understand it might be
working:

The application is doing an EXEC SQL, which is calling DB2 code (DSNxLI), still
in the applications address space under the TCB/RB. DSNxLI is taking over and
has a) to switch to the DBM1 address space and b) to schedule an SRB to perform
the work on behalf of the TCB/RB. The TCB/RB will be put into a WAIT. Later,
when finished, the SRB cross-memory posts the TCB/RB.

Is this roughly right? I'm just curious.

--
Peter Hunkeler