From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Farley, Peter x23353
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:16 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Suggestion for conditioning step on symbols

I don't have a solution for the string comparison issue, but the DISP=NEW
issue I can tell you with confidence "just works" under JES2.  For either a
COND= or an IF bypass of a step, all of the DD's are bypassed and no
allocation error occurs.  I use this feature all the time in my testing.

For JES3 I'm not sure if it works the same, someone with JES3 experience
will have to advise you on that.

HTH

Peter

P.S. -- I tried the following trick for string compares but the return code
is still 0 and not 4 as one might hope:

// SET S1=ABCD
// SET S2=DEFG
//*
//TESTSTR  EXEC PGM=AOPBATCH,REGION=32M,
// PARM='awk BEGIN {if ("&S1" == "&S2") exit 0; else exit 4}'
//STDOUT    DD SYSOUT=*,RECFM=VA,LRECL=250,BLKSIZE=254
//STDERR    DD SYSOUT=*
//STDIN     DD DUMMY