We asked IBM support about implementing SHA2 for the SMP/E FTP download process
and was told to open an RFE. That seems kinda insane given that SHA-1 seems to
be heading to the heap of obsolete technologies.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Opening an RFE seems absurd given that this
is an industry standard for security that we are being forced into as I type
this and I'm sure we're not the only IBM customer who will be impacted by the
lack of SHA2 support.

Thanks - just something for the weekends discussion

Lionel B. Dyck (Contractor)
Mainframe Systems Programmer
Enterprise Infrastructure Support (Station 200) (005OP6.3.10)
VA OI&T Service Delivery & Engineering