On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht <
elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

> John McKown wrote:
>
> >> You can always write a 3rd SORT system with a build in programming
> language. Hopefully that system is sort of free...
>
> >​Oh, yeah. Perhaps based on Guile (big grin)
> >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Guile. It's a LISP variant.
>
> Hmmmm, very very interesting part of the GNU project. I have bookmarked
> that! Many thanks!
>

> >​CA-Easytrieve Plus might fit your bill. Of course, being as how it's
> from CA, it is not free at all. But it is faster and easier to write than
> COBOL.​
>
> My purse (usually empty and made from scottish leather) will drop me real
> faster than I write than COBOL or use that software ...
>
> Groete / Greetings
> Elardus Engelbrecht

​Well, I understand your comments on DFSORT's control language. ICETOOL +
SYMNAMES does a lot to enhance DFSORT. But a more "general purpose"
language, building on these, might be nice.​

​I can imagine such a thing, even though I don't have the talent to
actually design it. ​I'm not an application programmer, I'm a dumb old
sysprog.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown