On 5/26/2016 11:19 PM, Peter Hunkeler wrote:
This makes my wonder. My understanding, which maybe is not entirely correct, is
that the dispatcher only looks at the work unit queue (WUQ) for the type of
processor, when a processor needs new work. It picks the first work element
block (WEB) form the queue and dispatches it. No need to perform an search in
the ASCB anymore. That was the goal of the dispatcher redesign (MVS/ESA 5.1?):
Improve dispatching performance by eliminating lengthy searches.

I suggest you dig up a copy of my presentation 'z/OS Internals: The Dispatcher' from the SHARE web site. This presentation goes into this topic in great detail.

Greg