Been using this mod for years and never had an issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TSO receive on MultiVolume PS error

On Tue, 31 May 2016 09:54:22 +0000, Field, Alan wrote:

>Blksize 3120 is hardcoded. This usermod removes that restriction:
>
>++ USERMOD (LM00062) REWORK(2016003)
> /* TRANSMIT OUTDA() FORCES THE BLKSIZE OF THE OUTPUT DATA SET
>    TO 3120 (X'0C30').
>    THIS MOD SETS IT TO 0 (SYSTEM DETERMINED BLKSIZE).
>    INMXM IS IN SYS1.LINKLIB.
> */ .
>++ VER (Z038) FMID(HTE77A0)
>    .
>++ ZAP (INMXM) .
> NAME INMXM
>  VER 1AC4 0000,0C30
>  REP 1AC4 0000,0000

Clever.  I'll assume QSAM cheerfully deals with whatever BLKSIZE SDB selects.
Is RECEIVE equally happy with it?

But doesn't it still corrupt RECFM or LRECL of an existing data set?

Is the performance gain significant with modern DASD?  I'd care more for
preserving RECFM and LRECL, even at the cost of TRANSMIT's failing.

-- gil

you are not the named addressee you must not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.