On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

> I am running into an issue where I will see messages like the following
>
> BPXTF009E FILESYSTEM EXCEEDS 94% FULL: /tmp
>
> BPXTF009E FILESYSTEM EXCEEDS 99% FULL: /tmp
>
> BPXTF010E FILESYSTEM IS FULL: /tmp
>
> I have automation to trap these messages to send me a notification when
> they
> occur.
>
> What I need to know is what/who was running at the time that caused this
> condition.
>
> I have been looking at the D OMVS commands, but cannot see what I can use.
>
> What command or process, that I can automate with OPS/MVS, could show me
> what/who was doing X at the time of the message?

​the closest that I can think of, which may or may not be of any use is to
use the ADDRESS USS functionality in CA-OPS/MVS in your message rule.
Something like:

ADDRESS USS "USSCMD LOG(Y)" ||,
    "COMMAND('/bin/ps -Aflm')  "

but I don't know where the STDOUT output will go. And the RACF id under
which the OPSUSS server(s) is/are running needs to have the appropriate
UNIX (and RACF) authorities. You could probably "log" the output something
like:

ADDRESS USS "USSCMD LOG(Y)" ||,
    "COMMAND('/bin/ps -Aflm >>/var/log/ps-Aflm.txt')  "​

Or run some shell script instead of /bin/ps, if you want to do multiple
commands.

> Or is that not possible?
>
> Thanks
>

> Lizette Koehler

The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown