The clist in my first post was run on z/OS 2.2.
The 4-character string "amp:" if present, is an artifact of the listserv web
interface and should not be in the clist.
The clist has also run on MVS 3.8, without the TSOEXEC in front of TEST and
with different SUBSTR columns as shown in comments in my earlier post.
The different SUBSTR columns are due to the 6-digit hex address on 24-bit MVS
3.8, instead of an 8-digit hex address.
The column dependency could be eliminated, if somebody wanted to, by using an
equated symbol on LIST, as below.
If the EQUATE was done after the SET, the output of LIST would end up in
SYSOUTLINE2.

TSOEXEC TEST 'SYS1.LINKLIB(IEFBR14)'
EQUATE CVTDATE 10.%+38
SET SYSOUTTRAP = 10
LIST CVTDATE
SET SYSOUTTRAP = 0
SET LINE = &STR(&&SYSOUTLINE1)
SET DOY = &SUBSTR(14:16,&LINE)
SET YYY = &SUBSTR(11:13,&LINE)
SET YEAR = &EVAL(1900 + &YYY)
WRITE TODAY IS DAY &DOY OF &YEAR
CONTROL END(FOO) /* NEXT END IS FOR TEST, NOT CLIST */
END

Bill