On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Too bad we don't have a conversion program from PDF to .boo format

​What I'd like is a standards compliant, non-proprietary, source file for
all of the manuals. OK, to be honest, I wish that IBM would write their
books with software which writes LaTex output. And I would further like
them to put this output on a publicly accessible site​

​within IBM.COM which is managed with a free (gratis) SCM (source control
management) system such as Subversion so that I could: (1) render the
manual myself in my favorite format; (2) get a current copy of the ​manual
using the SCM as need; (3) make changes in my personal copy (for
hyper-linking) ; and (4) make any miscellaneous changes I feel are
necessary (i.e. include examples or explanations). This is very unlikely.
Another product, PostgreSQL, __used to__ have Web documentation which would
allow posting of user comments (moderated) on any page.

--
"Pessimism is a admirable quality in an engineer. Pessimistic people check
their work three times, because they're sure that something won't be right.

>From "Star Nomad" by Lindsay Buroker:

Maranatha! <><
John McKown