Andy,

DFSORT can use zIIP on behalf of DB2 utilities, but not otherwise. Here's
more information:

At this time, IBM has no plan for enabling DFSORT to exploit the system z9
Integrated Information Processor (zIIP).  IBM realizes DFSORT remains a
prominent component of our customers' batch workloads.  However,  the
added controls that would need to be implemented in order to maintain our
high standards for performance, reliability and system integrity are not
justified in view of estimations that there is a low offload potential and
the value to clients may be marginal.  IBM will continue to focus its
DFSORT development efforts on the enhanced function, performance,
reliability and service items that we believe provide the most value to
our clients. The foregoing represents IBM's current intent and is subject
to change.

DB2 Utilities Suite for z/OS uses a small set of DFSORT sort function.
Worldwide, there has been a tremendous increase in DB2 for z/OS activity
(due to such things as database consolidations, remote connectivity,
business intelligence, and specialty engine exploitation). This increase
in DB2 activity has led to an increase in database maintenance workloads
which often drive bursts of parallel utility processing during scheduled
maintenance windows. As a result, additional offload by DB2 Utilities
Suite for z/OS is supported.

Thanks,
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation