On 7/21/2016 5:27 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
In my successful tests, however, it's not clear what class I was running in
because of WLM. I enabled only CLASS A for SYSSYM.

ICH70001I TSOSKIP   LAST ACCESS AT 17:13:07 ON THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2016
$HASP373 TIMETEST STARTED - WLM INIT  - SRVCLASS BATCHS   - SYS X0
SCEUJI02I JOB  TIMETEST STARTED    17.13.08 21 JUL 16
IEF403I TIMETEST - STARTED - TIME=17.13.07
SCEACT01I STEP TIMETEST TIMETEST   CPU 00:00:00.00 CC=0000

In fact, there is an installation (local) message which indicates that the job
did not run in CLASS A:  'CLASS SET TO C'. So how did it work?

All that matters is the JES job class at JCL conversion time.

I gotta ask, how on earth have you guys survived all these years without system symbols support enabled in JES? That's like going on a trip to ancient times with Mr. Peabody in the Way-Back machine!

Is this just a sandbox? Or is it a real system with real users?

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc